This is a unique opportunity to join the work of expanding two high-performing schools that do whatever it takes to prepare students for college success. In 2012, Capstone Education Group (CEG), and its elementary school, Cornerstone Prep, joined the Achievement School District (ASD), a new program created to transform Priority Schools in the state of Tennessee. Since 2012, CEG has successfully launched two elementary schools and one middle school, been recognized for consistently earning TVAAS 5 ratings from the state, been the highest performing organization in the ASD for three consecutive years, scored in the 90th percentile in growth for 3 years in a row on a nationally recognized test and earned record proficiency in math and science on the state assessment. In 2018, Cornerstone Prep Lester earned the highest achievements rates in the district in math and science and in 2019, Cornerstone Prep Denver led the district in math proficiency and Lester Prep received a TVAAS 5 for the third consecutive year.
Cornerstone Prep and Lester Prep schools will continue to add students in grades K-8 to the existing three schools and seeks outstanding teammates to lead this work. Please apply soon to be considered for positions in this growing organization.
Capstone Education Group equips all students with the Wisdom and Knowledge necessary to succeed in college and to become leaders in their community.
• Work with the Dean of Instruction to design and implement outstanding curriculum, language and instructional strategies to ensure all ESL students achieve at high levels
• Produce dramatic and consistent student achievement gains for all ESL students
• Create an ESL program whose goal is to equip ESL students to be successful in the classroom with all other students
• Work with interpreters and other partners to communicate effectively with parents who may have no working knowledge of the English language
• Use a combination of inclusion and pullout strategies to best educate all ESL students
• Facilitate ESL assessments with proper support and accommodations
• Equip teachers with effective ESL modifications in the classroom
• Work with partners throughout the community to meet non-academic needs of student
• Willingness to work in an extended day environment
• Other duties as assigned by a supervisor or other member of the organization’s leadership team. These duties will be in support of the organization’s mission but may or may not be directly related to the other tasks or the job title found on this job description
▪ Active Tennessee teaching licensure in ESL
▪ Bachelor’s Degree or higher in ESL/TESOL/TEFL or a closely related field (such as Linguistics or Language Education) ▪ Native-level fluency in English
▪ Belief that there is not a more urgent task than to provide an outstanding education to students from urban backgrounds
▪ Willingness to “sweat the small staff” and utilize every minute of every day to accomplish the mission
▪ An unwavering conviction that all students can achieve at high levels when provided an environment of high expectations
▪ Commitment to do whatever it takes to prepare all students for college success
▪ Track record of producing dramatic, demonstrable student achievement gains
▪ Entrepreneurial spirit, passion and energy
▪ Ability to work well in a team of high-performers
▪ Goal-driven, self-reflective and analytical problem solver
▪ Willingness to be a team player and at times take on duties above and beyond those listed
▪ Growth mindset displayed by openness to feedback and immediate application of that feedback
▪ Organized and detail oriented
▪ Belief in the CEG mission and best practices as found in the CEG Blueprint
▪ Value common language, assessments, and systems in every CEG school
Capstone Education Group
• Capstone Education Group leads three neighborhood charter schools: Cornerstone Prep Denver Campus (PreK-5), Cornerstone Prep Lester Campus (Pre-K-5) and Lester Prep (6-8).
• Capstone Education Group’s Vision: CEG equips all students with the Wisdom and Knowledge necessary to succeed in college and to become leaders in their community.
• Visit www.capstoneeducationgroup.org/joinourteam to view all of our open positions and for more information on Capstone Education Group and the schools.