Mission of the School – Believe Memphis Academy Charter School prepares students in grades 4 through 8 with the academic rigor, robust supports, and leadership development necessary to excel in high school, thrive in college, and lead lives full of opportunity (“Mission”).
Position Summary – As a PE Teacher (“Coach”) of Believe Memphis Academy Charter School (“Believe Memphis Academy” or “the School”), this person will ensure every student of Believe Memphis Academy receives high quality physical education instruction delivered every single day. In addition, the Coach will support afterschool athletic programs of the School. This person will report directly to the Head of School or designee (“HOS”), receiving regular feedback and coaching around his or her instructional and leadership capacity.
The contract for this position begins July 1, 2021.
- Valid Tennessee Teacher License with certification in physical education
- Strong commitment to and alignment with the Mission, vision, and core values of Believe
- Unwavering belief in the potential that all students can learn paired with an unshakeable conviction to ensure all students will learn
- Able to deliver high quality instruction in a rigorous, structured, and joyful classroom
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Experienced leader who can show quantifiable results of success out-performing peers in parallel fields and markets
- Whole-School mentality, willing to support the School and team wherever needed
- Ability to work within a fast-paced and dynamic team environment where responsibility for student success is shared and owned by everyone
- Solutions-based problem solver
- Expertise and love of delivering content to students
- Own the planning, leading and improving the PE program of the School
- Directly coach at least two (2) sports over the course of the year; support the logistics, planning, and recruiting of other athletic programs of the School
- PE curriculum should be based on state standards, provide rigorous opportunities for practice, and ensure students stay actively and positively engaged in activities and instructions
- Step in to support whole school moments like lunch, recess, arrival, dismissal and support for other team members when they are absent
- Take an active role in building positive student and team culture of the entire School, every minute of every day that is aligned to Mission, vision, and core values of Believe
- Implement regularly shared feedback with grace and urgency for the betterment of student achievement, promoting positive school culture, and upholding professional team culture
- Communicate respectfully and collaboratively with families on consistent basis
- Work collaboratively within a team to implement instructional, operational, and cultural plans that support the Mission, vision, and core values of the School
- Demonstrate a Mission-first mindset to ensure all decisions and actions are rooted in ensuring all students are prepared to excel in high school, thrive and college, and lead lives of excellence
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Believe Memphis Academy, we firmly believe that we can best promote excellence by recruiting and retaining a diverse group of team members that are reflective of the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students and by creating a climate of respect that is supportive of their success. By fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, we provide the best educational experience for our students that prepares them for a future reflective of the world in which our students will live and lead.