Mission of the School – Believe Memphis Academy Charter School prepares students in grades 4 through 8 with the academic rigor, robust supports, and leadership development necessary to excel in high school, thrive in college, and lead lives full of opportunity (“Mission”).
Position Summary – As a Foreign Language Teacher of Believe Memphis Academy Charter School (“Believe” or “the School”), this person will ensure every student of Believe receives high-quality, high school and college-preparatory foreign language instruction in delivered every single day. This person will report directly to the Head of School (“HOS”), receiving regular feedback and coaching around his or her instructional and leadership capacity.
The commitment for this position begins July 1, 2021. Given the urgent and demanding work of founding a high-performing charter school, however, there will be opportunities and requirements to begin the work before the official start date.
- Valid Tennessee Teacher License, certification in foreign language highly preferred
- Strong commitment to and alignment with the Mission, vision, and core values of Believe
- Unwavering belief in the potential that all students can learn paired with an unshakeable conviction to ensure all students will learn
- Able to deliver high quality instruction in a rigorous, structured, and joyful classroom
- Experienced leader who can show quantifiable results of success out-performing peers in parallel fields and markets
- Whole-School mentality, willing to support the School and team wherever needed
- Ability to work within a fast-paced and dynamic team environment where responsibility for student success is shared and owned by everyone
- Solutions-based problem solver
- Expertise and love of delivering content to students
- Own the planning, leading and improving the foreign language program of the School
- Foreign language curriculum should be based on state standards, provide rigorous opportunities for practice, and ensure the most amount of students stay positively engaged in activities and instructions as much as possible
- Step in to support whole school moments like lunch, recess, arrival, dismissal and support for other team members when they are absent
- Take an active role in building positive student and team culture of the entire School, every minute of every day that is aligned to Mission, vision, and core values of Believe
- Implement regularly shared feedback with grace and urgency for the betterment of student achievement, promoting positive school culture, and upholding professional team culture
- Communicate respectfully and collaboratively with families on consistent basis
- Work collaboratively within a team to implement instructional, operational, and cultural plans that support the Mission, vision, and core values of the School
- Demonstrate a Mission-first mindset to ensure all decisions and actions are rooted in ensuring all students are prepared to excel in high school, thrive and college, and lead lives of excellence
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Believe, we firmly believe that we can best promote excellence by recruiting and retaining a diverse group of team members that are reflective of the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students and by creating a climate of respect that is supportive of their success. By fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, we provide the best educational experience for our students that prepares them for a future reflective of the world in which our students will live and lead.
Believe Memphis Academy Charter School prepares students in grades 4-8 with the academic rigor, robust supports, and leadership development necessary to excel in high school, thrive in college, and lead lives full of opportunity.