Beacon College Prep Operations Coordinator, Bilingual
Beacon College Prep, a new charter elementary school located in Raleigh, invites energetic educators to apply to the position of Operations Coordinator, Bilingual. The school is founded on the belief that all students, regardless of their previous education or zip code they were born into, can learn and achieve at high levels when held to the highest expectations. It is our mission to create a community that is academically rigorous, purposefully structured, and joyful, so we can prepare all scholars to succeed academically and to contribute positively to their communities.
Job Description: A school with strong operational systems ensures that the school day prioritizes students learning and teachers’ teaching. Beacon is looking for a mission-aligned, detail-oriented Operations Coordinator, Bilingual, who will lead the daily operations of the main office and maintain an efficient space, manage the ordering of school office supplies, and support the Director of Operations with the management of student records. They will coordinate, plan and implement support services within the Beacon community to ensure the academic and social success of students – managing family communication and be the parent liaison for Non-English speaking families. The Operations Coordinator, Bilingual will report directly to the Director of Operations (DOO).
- Daily Operations: Answer phones, greet guests, make announcements, and sort mail as needed; Deliver and respond to parent messages within 24 hours and check voicemails daily; Coordinate large copy requests and mailings as needed; Maintain a high level of professional maturity and respectfulness in dealing with parents, students, vendors, and visitors to the building
- Enrollment: Works closely with the Head of School and Director of Operations to ensure that the school is fully enrolled and has a healthy waitlist; Create and manage all enrollment materials from families; Maintain and update student data and information via PowerSchool
- Student Health: In the absence of the school nurse, document any student injuries, including submitting paperwork as needed; Assist in the storing and administering of medicine to the students as prescribed by their doctor, or certified district nurse; Serves as a CPR certified staff member; Maintain medication permit forms in a way that is organized and accessible
- Office Maintenance: Create a clean, professional, organized, and welcoming office; Manage office equipment operation and maintenance; Inventory and order office supplies/paper/toner, etc; Maintain inventory for uniforms and office supplies; Support teachers with access to supplies and materials
- Communication & School Events: Send notification of absences to parents via mailings and phone blasts; Help organize, prepare materials, and supports the planning and execution of all Beacon special events; Supports the coordination of all parent communication with the DOO; Serves as Beacon’s family translator, for all non-English speaking families; Assists school administrators in evaluating the effectiveness in increasing virtual parent participation and identify barriers to parent participation such as low income, disabilities limited literacy, language cultural, or ethnic considerations; Plans, coordinates, and implements programs and services for parents and students designed to support Title I initiatives
- Attendance: Distribute tardy slips as needed to students at the beginning of the day; Coordinate parent request for student early dismissal according to the school’s dismissal process; Track and manage all attendance data; Ensure Beacon has a 96% attendance rate
- Reports to the DOO and ensures that the DOO has support on any outstanding operational tasks.
- Commitment to, belief in, and alignment with the mission of the school, its goals, its educational philosophy, and commitment to our students, staff, and families.
- Detail-oriented and strong follow-through skills.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize tasks, and work independently.
- Demonstrated flexibility, maturity, and ability to juggle competing priorities.
- Has experience creating systems to stay organized and will support in effectively maintaining necessary files in an organized manner.
- Highly organized and works efficiently in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Communicates well with others and demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with students, parents, colleagues, and community members.
- Ability to maintain a calm, professional demeanor in the face of competing demands and external pressures.
- Enjoys working with children and supporting families.
- Prior experience working or residing in schools and/or urban communities is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience working with Student Information Systems (Powerschool).
- Bachelors degree required.
- Bilingual Spanish required.