Beacon College Prep, a new charter elementary school located in Raleigh, invites energetic educators to apply to the position of Elementary Teacher. The school is founded on the belief that all students, regardless of their previous education or zip code they were born into, can learn and achieve at high levels when held to the highest expectations. It is our mission to create a community that is academically rigorous, purposefully structured, and joyful, so we can prepare all scholars to succeed academically and to contribute positively to their communities.
The school opened in 2020 with two kindergarten and one first grade class. Beacon College Prep will add a grade level each year until we are a fully enrolled K-5 charter school. Thus, for the 2021-22 School year we are looking for high-capacity, energetic, detail-oriented, and joyful individuals to join our Team of K-2 teachers.
Job Description: A high-quality education is the right of every child, regardless of race, gender, socio-economic background, home language, or disability. Our focus on rigorous academics and character development will provide our scholars with an educational experience that prepares them for success in school, college, and life. Our Educators are responsible for providing excellent instruction to our students. This includes preparing and expertly delivering all lessons, analyzing and responding to student data, providing a safe and joyful learning environment, providing necessary accommodations, modifications, and supports for all learners, actively participating in professional development, and collaborating with both teaching and leadership team members.
- Creates a classroom that is rigorous, engaging, structured, and joyful
- Participates in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions
- Upholds a values-based approach to maintain a positive culture among students and staff
- Builds strong relationships with parents and students
- Implements academic interventions for students that are tailored specifically to their needs to increase student achievement
- Implements behavioral interventions for students to increase learning time and decrease time spent out of the classroom
- Reinforces behavioral and operational systems across all classrooms and school spaces
- Eagerly participates and engages in weekly individual coaching meetings, weekly Professional Development, and Summer Professional Development with a positive attitude and growth mindset
- Regularly communicates student progress to families with the mindset that, “It takes a village.”
- Assists with schoolwide transitions and routines
- By the time of employment, a Bachelor’s degree is required
- Valid State Certification is highly preferred, but not required
- Experience in an urban public school is preferred, but not required
Salary & Benefits
Beacon College Prep offers a competitive salary, comprehensive health benefits, and retirement benefits. All of our staff members are equipped with a laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary instructional supplies. Beacon is also committed to offering professional development opportunities.
Salary starting at $34,000.