Aurora Collegiate Academy is a college preparatory K– 5th grade public charter school for students across Memphis. Aurora opened in August 2012 with the mission to prepare our students to enter and excel in a rigorous secondary school and eventually in a 4-year college or university.
If you are relentless about seeing disadvantaged students achieve at high levels, this is a chance to build a school that does whatever it takes to ensure college success for all children.
Members of Aurora Collegiate Academy staff will work to prepare students in grades kindergarten through fifth grade with the academic, social, and character foundation necessary to compete in college and beyond. It is the expectation that Aurora staff will teach through our mission, instill our core values, and do ‘whatever it takes’ to provide students with the education they deserve.
Job Title: Community Support Specialist
Employment Term: 12-month employee
Qualifications: College degree required
Reports To: Director of Operations
Job Goal: Act as a liaison, advocate, and support system for Aurora: students, community, and families
· Effective management: time, projects, data, and relationships
· High quality communication: written/oral in English and Spanish.
· Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office)
· Experience working with similar populations
· Knowledge of community
· Growth mindset
· Ability to work with parents as partners
· Self-driven – ability to solve ambiguous challenges
· Ability to work in fast paced environment
· Willing to do whatever it takes
· Fluent in English and Spanish
· A 2 or 4 year college degree from an accredited university
Commitment to Diversity:
Aurora Collegiate Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.