Aurora Collegiate Academy is a college preparatory K– 5th grade public charter school for students across Memphis. Aurora opened in August 2012 with the mission to prepare our students to enter and excel in a rigorous secondary school and eventually in a 4-year college or university.
If you are relentless about seeing disadvantaged students achieve at high levels, this is a chance to build a school that does whatever it takes to ensure college success for all children.
Members of Aurora Collegiate Academy staff will work to prepare students in grades kindergarten through fifth grade with the academic, social, and character foundation necessary to compete in college and beyond. It is the expectation that Aurora staff will teach through our mission, instill our core values, and do ‘whatever it takes’ to provide students with the education they deserve.
The Academic Coach will be managed by the principal. Here are the Academic Coach responsibilities:
- Assist Principal in review of curriculum for all grades
- Create internalization process of curriculum lessons
- Create scope and sequences for support content
- Support teachers in review/internalization of scope and sequence for ELA
- Ensure caseload teachers have appropriate materials to implement curriculum
- Model lessons in classrooms as needed
- Informally observe (non-evaluative) all caseload teachers weekly
- Hold weekly feedback, data or planning meetings with teacher caseloads
- Coach all caseload of teachers in academic best practices
- Analyze and track school-wide data trends
- Lead teacher caseload in analyzing student work
- Support in setting Academic Big Goals with Principal
- Deliver high quality professional development
- Assist teachers in developing aligned weekly exit ticket assessments
- Formally observe non-caseload teachers
- Contribute to the development of school-wide systems and structures to improve teacher practice
- Meet regularly with other instructional leadership team members
- Ensure coverage of teacher caseload classes in teacher absence
- Support execution of school wide PLC’s and professional development
- Support the academic and culture systems of the school
- Attend any recommended professional development to improve on personal practice
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college.
- Detailed-oriented, efficient, and accurate execution through systems and procedures.
- Highly organized, resourceful, and self-starter. Ability to problem solve, prioritize and multi-task.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High proficiency in Google platform management.
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Docs; and the ability to perform internet research.
To Apply: Please complete the application and submit an updated resume.
Commitment to Diversity: Aurora Collegiate Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.