Mission of the School – Believe Memphis Academy Charter School prepares scholars in grades 4 through 8 with
the academic rigor, robust supports, and leadership development necessary to excel in high school, thrive in college,
and lead lives full of opportunity (“Mission”).
Position Summary – As an Associate Teacher (“AT”) of Believe Memphis Academy Charter School (“Believe
Memphis Academy” or “the School”), this person will support the academic and operational needs of the School. The
AT will report directly to the Head of School (“HOS”) or designee, receiving regular feedback and coaching around
his or her performance and leadership capacity. The AT will be responsible for supporting and filling instructional or
operational needs of the School in achieving its Mission.
The commitment for this position begins July 1, 2020. Given the urgent and demanding work of founding a high-
performing charter school, however, there may be opportunities and requirements to begin the work before the official start date.
• Minimum bachelor’s degree
• Experience working in minority and underserved communities
• Strong commitment to and alignment with the Mission, vision, and core values of Believe Memphis Academy
• Unwavering belief in the potential that all students can learn paired with an unshakeable conviction to ensure
all students will learn
• Ability to be flexible in day-to-day responsibilities as assigned by School
• Ability to manage long- and short-term projects with clear deadlines and deliverables
• Commitment to solutions-based problem solving
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to reflect our values to diverse group of
• Lead small or whole group instruction, supporting scholars at different achievement levels and executing
• Support the operational needs of the school such as materials preparation, managing orders and delivery of
supplies, and work within the Operations Team of the School
• Serve as a substitute, when needed, for absent teachers
• Support critical culture moments like arrival, breaks, lunch/recess, and dismissal
• Support the recruitment and enrollment goals of the School
• Implement regularly shared feedback with grace and urgency for the betterment of scholar achievement,
promoting positive school culture, and upholding professional team culture.
• Communicate respectfully and collaboratively with families on consistent basis.
• Work collaboratively within a team to implement instructional and cultural plans that support the Mission and
vision of the School
• Demonstrate a Mission-first mindset to ensure all decisions and actions are rooted in ensuring all scholars are
prepared to excel in high school, thrive and college, and lead lives of excellence
Our Commitment to Diversity:
At Believe Memphis Academy, we firmly believe that we can best promote excellence by recruiting and retaining a
diverse group of team members that are reflective of the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our scholars and
by creating a climate of respect that is supportive of their success. By fostering a diverse and inclusive environment,
we provide the best educational experience for our scholars that prepares them for a future reflective of the world in
which our scholars will live and lead.