Chief Instructional Support Officer
Achievement Schools – Central Office
About the Achievement School District:
The Achievement School District continues to serve as the State of Tennessee Department of Education’s most intensive intervention method for schools under Every Student Succeeds Act. The Achievement School District (ASD) currently operates twenty-seven schools across the state of Tennessee. We are looking to hire a Blending Learning Manger.
The ASD seeks to hire an Instructional Technology Advisor to manage and execute a blended learning pilot in several of our Achievement Schools. This person will report directly to the Chief Instructional Support Officer but will have significant flexibility to implement his/her vision. The Instructional Technology Advisor will help enable all programmatic and technical aspects of blended learning, capturing lessons learned, and incorporating them into a plan of support for integration of technology into instruction. The ideal candidate will have K-12 experience and strong project management skills. This is an opportunity for an entrepreneurial-minded, detail-oriented person who is passionate about instructional technology and its potential to catapult student achievement.
Specific Position Responsibilities:
Technology Planning & Implementation
- Assess the instructional and technological needs of our schools and classrooms to document current levels and forecast necessary upgrades for features such as bandwidth, equipment, devices, configuration, training, and support
- Curate blended learning technology solutions and resources; evaluate the quality of each against a set of rigorous standards and make recommendations to schools as appropriate
- Evaluate blended learning outcomes and identify opportunities for ongoing improvement
- Manage blended learning projects that utilize technology to support and improve teaching and learning in each of our school’s classrooms
- Define district, school, and classroom level goals for the blended learning implementation, and monitor progress against these goals
- Build a shared, online platform to publish updates, resources, and best practices
- Collaborate with teachers to capture lessons from blended learning classrooms and create ways to actively share these lessons with teachers in the ASD
- Develop systems to codify all aspects of blended learning implementations in order to scale future deployments
- Provide on-site technology support for blended learning schools as needed, working with outside vendors as appropriate
- Work closely with teachers, providing technical assistance and professional development, as they adopt new systems and software
- Become an authority on blended learning systems, and use that expertise to support ASD teammates
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years of related work experience with a strong background in operational or project management roles.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new tools, systems, and processes
- Knowledgeable about the education technology landscape with experience in implementing technological solutions.
- Excellent organization, time management and follow-up skills that enable one to succeed in independently managing multiple concurrent projects.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary: $65,000. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Please e-mail a cover letter and resume to Alethea Henry at email@example.com.
Pursuant to the State of TN’s policy of non-discrimination, the Department of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or military services in its policies, or in the admission of, access to, treatment, or employment in its programs, services, or activities.