Chief of School Accountability & Compliance
Achievement Schools – Central Office
About the Achievement School District:
The Achievement School District continues to serve as the State of Tennessee Department of Education’s most intensive intervention method for schools under Every Student Succeeds Act. The Achievement School District (ASD) currently operates twenty-seven schools across the state of Tennessee. We are looking to hire a District Director of RTI2 & Special Programs.
An Achievement School District Director of RTI2 & Special Programs is responsible for providing a focus and attention to RTI2 implementation for K-12 programming. Since RTI2 is the teaching and learning framework for all students, the District Director of RTI2 & Special Programs would also be responsible for building capacity of building/network-level RTI2 Leadership, providing consistency for a complex framework, and maximizing resources that rapidly moves students from current levels of performance to significantly higher performance.
Specific Position Responsibilities:
- Create procedures and protocols that provide consistency in RTI2 implementation across the portfolio of schools.
- Provide professional learning, technical assistance, and resources sharing opportunities for district/school RTI2 leadership (i.e., school-level RTI2 support teams, interventions).
- Align RTI2 work with the District’s improvement plan and strategic goals.
- Coordinate and develop resources related to RTI2 implementation and “Say Dyslexia” Law.
- Collaborate with instructional teams and special education staff to align guidance.
- Develop and facilitate fidelity monitoring processes, procedures, and systems
- Work to engage parents/families in their role in supporting student success in the RTI2 process.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Strong data analysis and problem-solving skills, with the ability to understand complex data and perform analysis swiftly and accurately.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively work with district and building leaders, school RTI2 teams, and school staff.
- Understanding of various assessment types (universal screening, diagnostic assessment, and progress monitoring) and their purpose.
- Knowledge of effective intervention practices across content and grade levels.
- Understanding of available resources and an ability to identify building and district needs
- Coaching skills to guide the district and school RTI2 teams in improving implementation and building sustainable practices.
- Skills in developing data-supported solutions and using fact-based logic to translate complex analysis in easy-to- understand manner and present to a broad audience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding leadership skills and ability to enhance high-performing teams through leading meetings and professional learning.
- Ability to manage daily administrative tasks without losing sight of long-term goals and planning.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year educational institution
- Master’s in Education from an accredited educational institution preferred
- At least 6 years of work experience; Preferably 5 or more years of teaching and/or administrative experience
- Experience working in turnaround schools & endorsement in Gifted Education preferred.
- Experience with Dyslexia interventions & programs preferred
- Proficient in the use of technology to include video presentation, word processing, database, and spreadsheet applications
Salary and Benefits:
Salary: up to $93,000. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Please e-mail a cover letter and resume to Yolanda Dandridge at email@example.com.
Pursuant to the State of TN’s policy of non-discrimination, the Department of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or military services in its policies, or in the admission of, access to, treatment, or employment in its programs, services, or activities.