Location: Lester Prep
This is a unique opportunity to join the work of expanding two high-performing schools that do whatever it takes to prepare students for college success. In 2012, Capstone Education Group (CEG), and its elementary school, Cornerstone Prep, joined the Achievement School District (ASD), a new program created to transform Priority Schools in the state of Tennessee. Since 2012, CEG has successfully launched two elementary schools and one middle school, been recognized for consistently earning TVAAS 5 ratings from the state, been the highest performing organization in the ASD for three consecutive years, scored in the 90th percentile in growth for 3 years in a row on a nationally recognized test and earned record proficiency in math and science on the state assessment. In 2018, Cornerstone Prep Lester earned the highest achievements rates in the district in math and science and in 2019, Cornerstone Prep Denver led the district in math proficiency and Lester Prep received a TVAAS 5 for the third consecutive year.
CEG teachers enjoy significant support, professional development, planning time and career opportunities:
• There are 2 Directors of Instructions/teacher coaches at Lester Prep, creating significant individual support for every teacher, helping teachers solve classroom problems and grow professionally.
• Individual and small group PD sessions occur during daily planning periods and school dismisses by 2:30 every Friday afternoon so staff can participate in focused professional development.
• Every school has designated behavior teams and counselor to support classroom teacher
Cornerstone Prep and Lester Prep schools will continue to add students in grades K-8 to the existing three schools and seeks outstanding teammates to lead this work. Please apply soon to be considered for positions in this growing organization.
Capstone Education Group equips all students with the Wisdom and Knowledge necessary to succeed in college and to become leaders in their community.
• Create and implement outstanding curriculum and instructional strategies to ensure all students achieve at high levels
• Create effective curriculum maps
• Create, review, and refine assessments, Exit Tickets, Do Nows, interim and final assessments
• Ensure that all lessons and assessments correlate directly to Common Core state standards
• Produce dramatic and consistent student achievement gains
• Humbly receive and quickly apply feedback in order to increase the effectiveness of student learning
• Use data to drive instructional practices
• Create a classroom culture of high academic performance and strong moral character
• Continuously create and refine effective instructional practices
• Willingness to work in an extended day environment
• Other duties as assigned by a supervisor or other member of the organization’s leadership team. These duties will be in support of the organization’s mission but may or may not be directly related to the other tasks or the job title found on this job description.
- Active Tennessee teaching licensure with endorsement that allows teaching middle school and specific subject of position
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Belief that there is not a more urgent task than to provide an outstanding education to students from urban backgrounds
- Willingness to “sweat the small staff” and utilize every minute of every day to accomplish the mission
- An unwavering conviction that all students can achieve at high levels when provided an environment of high expectations
- Commitment to do whatever it takes to prepare all students for college success
- Track record of producing dramatic, demonstrable student achievement gains
- Ability to work well in a team of high performers
- Willingness to be a team player and at times take on duties above and beyond those listed
- Growth mindset displayed by openness to feedback and immediate application of that feedback
- Belief in the CEG mission and best practices as found in the CEG Blueprint
- Value common language, assessments, and systems in every CEG school